I am getting a bit ambitious!
- I’m having a baby this year
- I’m completing a business course this year
- I’m writing a book this year
- I’m entering art shows this year (which I need to paint a lot of paintings for)
- And, I’m beginning a challenge to draw every day this year
Who would like to join me? With that last challenge on the list I mean!!
I have done drawing every day challenges in the past; the longest one was about 2oo days. I have been looking back on the drawings I did during the challenge and remembering how worth while the experience was and seeing how much my drawing improved over those 200 days, though on most of the drawings I spent no more than a half hour on. The drawings in this post are from the Inktober challenge I completed last year.
- Because regular practice is good practice and every day is pretty regular.
- Because when I have to draw I can’t consider how I feel. I can’t decide that I will feel more like drawing tomorrow because today is the only day. That is one of the biggest reasons why people don’t get better at drawing, because they will do it tomorrow.
- Because drawing every day will help with any creative blocks that do come up now and then. It will keep me creating, at least something, while I may feel totally uninspired.
- Because sometimes I don’t think I have the time to just ‘draw for fun’ (as important as that is) and this will give me a time to be creative and explore different drawing ideas and also feel like I am achieving something bigger.
- Because at the end of the year I will have a collection of drawings I can look back on and see how much I will have improved over the year. That is a really inspiring thing to be able to do!
- Because the discipline of consistency and drawing a lot will help me to keep putting my ideas on paper. I have always identified with Da Vinci in this quote: “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”
That is the idea and the reasons and making it public now must only harden my resolve. So! Who would like to join me? Beginning 1st January 2017 to draw in any medium every day for 365 days!
I will share the best of my work on this blog from the challenge, but on my facebook page I will upload an image of every drawing I do throughout the year. Even if it is a total disaster, it is still a drawing.
Let 2017 begin!